Gifts for the home are great because they’re generally useful and can be really thoughtful as well. I think these options work well for family and friends or for a hostess you’ve never met before.
- Ceramic Picture Frame from Target ($13) – This is pretty but relatively neutral, so it should match most home decor themes. I’d recommend printing out a meaningful picture if you know the recipient.
- Mini Waffle Maker from Urban Outfitters ($18) – How adorable is this tiny waffle maker? It’s a fun gift that doesn’t take up too much room – something I’m hyper aware of in our tiny NYC apartment.
- Kate Spade Trinket Tray ($40) – I’m always dropping my rings, keys, lipsticks, etc. in mini dishes and love the “odds and ends” print on this one.
- Hot Chocolate and A Pretty Mug ($20 and $14) – Edible gifts are the best! This would also make a great gift for teachers.
- Cookies and Recipe Cards from Rifle Paper Co. ($12) – Again, love a gift that is edible and these recipe cards are so cute.
- Hammered Coasters from World Market ($20) – Coasters are a pretty useful gift, especially for a party. I love the gold color and hammered details; these look way more expensive than they are!
- Reversible Throw Blanket ($30) – It’s always nice to have a new, cozy throw. I love this blue one, but maybe stick with cream or gray if you don’t know the hostess’ color theme.
Let me know your favorite item from these home/hostess ideas and feel free to link to your gift guides as well!