My favorite holiday tradition
One of the best parts of Christmas is baking cookies and holiday treats with my mom. We’ve made this variation on a Rice Krispie treat for almost two decades and it’s one of my favorites.
I should note that I’m not domestic at all – I burnt butter yesterday – but this recipe is quite simple and doesn’t require any baking. Just melting marshmallows on the stovetop.
You will need:
- 16 oz bag of mini marshmallows
- 1/4 stick of butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp green food coloring
- 4 cups cornflakes
- Cinnamon candies (red hots)
- Melt butter and marshmallows in saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and food coloring.
- In large bowl, pour mixture over cornflakes; toss until coated.
- Moisten hands with cold water and shape 1/4 cup mixture into circular wreath on wax paper.
- Press in red hots and let cool for 1 hour.
What’s your favorite holiday recipe? Let me know if you try this one!!