- Antonym Baked Blush in Peach
- Honest Beauty Eyeshadow Trio in Truly Magnetic Heather Mauve
- Juice Beauty Illuminating Primer
- Vapour Beauty Illusionist Concealer in 015
- Ilia Tinted Lip Conditioner in Hold Me Now
- Thrive Causemetics Liquid Lash Extensions Mascara
- Han Skincare Cosmetics Bronzer in Ibiza
- W3ll People Natural Contour and Highlight Duo
- Indie Lee Rosehip Cleanser
- Wander Beauty Wanderlust Powder Foundation in Light
- Love Beauty and Planet Hydration Shampoo in Shea and Sandalwood
- Acure Organics Seriously Soothing Cloud Cream
I’ve been interested in Clean Beauty for a while, but I’m consciously making an effort to switch up my products as I’m learning more and more about toxic ingredients recently. I’m aiming for an 80/20 lifestyle, where I’m aware of what I’m putting on my body and try to mostly use clean products.
A great place to start is the EWG Skin Deep Database – you can search by brand, product, or ingredient. You can also build your own report if an item hasn’t been verified yet. For example, the Wander Beauty powder is not in the database, but I input the ingredients and it’s score came out as a 2. The lower the score, the safer the product.
My favorite clean beauty shop is Credo Beauty because they have a large selection with detailed product descriptions and ingredient explanations. I also use the Ingredient Conscious page on Birchbox. Target even has a natural beauty page, which is pretty awesome to see how mainstream clean beauty is becoming. Some other brands I really want to try include Pai, Herbivore Botanicals, Alima Pure, and 100% Pure.
Here are some clean beauty products that I already love:
- W3ll People Expressionist Mascara – Gives separation and volume and never irritates my sensitive eyes
- RMS Beauty Lip2Cheek – Natural looking multi-tasker; I love the shades Demure and Paradise
- Shea Moisture Coconut Water Weightless Creme Rinse – Hydrating conditioner that doesn’t weigh down my fine hair
- Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum – Great for a gentle, yet effective spot treatment
- Coola White Tea SPF 50 – Perfect for every day use and acts as a moisturizer and sunscreen in one
- Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask – Helps smooth skin and makes you look glowy
- LaVanila Deodorant – I’ve raved about this before; it’s the best aluminum-free deodorant I’ve tried
What are your clean or green beauty favorites? Where do you get information on product safety and new brands? If you have a green/clean beauty blog, please share it below!