My favorite sustainable products
I’ve been making an effort over the past couple years to use more sustainable items and cut down on waste, especially single use plastics. I did an Instagram Story about this (saved in my Highlights) and so many people mentioned how they’re doing the same or that they loved learning about these products, so I wanted to share here as well! I’ve switched out things like cling wrap and traditional TP for these earth-friendly options and I couldn’t be happier:
- Reusable Sandwich Bags ($7) – Isn’t the pattern on these bags cute? They’re perfect for toting snacks to work or storing leftovers in the fridge. I’ve also used mine as a carry-on liquids bag and to gather together all of the lip balms, hair ties, and face powder in my purse. They’re durable, roomy, and seal tight.
- Seedling Tree-free Bath Tissue and Paper Towels ($8 and $10) – These renewable Bamboo and Sugarcane paper products are probably my favorite find from Grove. This is such an easy swap because you can have a bundle auto-ordered every month or two.
- Thinx Hiphugger ($34) – These have already allowed me to avoid sending dozens of pads to landfills where they would have taken over 500 years to degrade. So worth the price, especially when a box of pads is $15 here in New York. I’ll have a full review on these soon, but I cannot recommend them enough!
- Reusable Travel Flatware Set ($14) – I love the way these fit together to store conveniently. They’re also made out of 100% recycled material and come in a variety of cute colors. As an alternative, I purchased this set last year because it also comes with chopsticks and a little case.
- S’well Insulated Water Bottle – If you’re still using plastic water bottles, this should be your number one switch. A reusable bottle is so much less wasteful, cost-effective, and keeps water cold for 12 hours. I have a couple S’well ones and they’re definitely nice, but you can also find cute ones at Target for half the price.
- Bees Wrap ($7) – This is great for wrapping up a sandwich or covering a small plate of food in the fridge. I realized how often I use Saran wrap in January and made the switch to these coated fabric wraps instead.
Do you have any sustainable options I should work into my routine or tips on reducing waste? Would love to hear your thoughts!
An even better deal than the Sephora Sale!
Birchbox is having their last Summer Friyay sale with 25% off everything on this page! That’s a pretty great deal for cosmetics – even better than the 20% Sephora Rouge sale. And anyone can use the code SUMMER25 to get the discount! I’ve rounded up my favorites and best recommendations below.
- Benefit Bad Gal Bang! Bigger, Badder, Volumizing Mascara – $18 after discount. This is one of my favorite mascaras because it adds volume and separation without getting spidery or smudging.
- Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil – $19.50 after discount. Super plush glossy oils in a bunch of pretty tints. The Raspberry is my favorite because it smells so yummy!
- Coola Tinted Mineral Liplux SPF 30 in Tan Lines – $13.50 after discount. I love a lip balm with SPF and these are reef safe too. Tan Lines is a pretty coral-y nude.
- Love of Color Liquid Shimmer Shadow in Stardust – $7.50 after discount. Such a steal for this long-wearing cream shadow that catches light beautifully.
- Milk Makeup Holographic Stick in Stardust – $21 after discount. I just purchased this from the Sephora sale… This is a way better deal! Gorgeous on lips, eyes, and cheeks in duo-chrome pink with purple iridescence.
- NuFace Prep-n-Glow Cloths – $15 after discount. These are perfect for travel since they remove makeup and lightly exfoliate in one step. No need to rinse!
- Sunday Riley Good Genes All-in-One Lactic Acid Treatment – $78.75 after discount. One of two chemical exfoliants that I adore. It smooths and plumps almost immediately and removes dead skin cells and brightens overnight.
- Too Cool for School Egg Mellow Cream 5-in-1 Firming Moisturizer – $27 after discount. The ultimate multi-tasker, this rich cream acts as an anti-aging serum, moisturizer, eye cream, neck cream, and overnight mask. I’m usually skeptical of x-in-one products, but this one is the best I’ve tried.
- Davines This is a Sea Salt Spray – $21 after discount. A non-drying sea salt spray that perks up my waves and smells delicious. I spray it in damp hair and air dry.
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo – $15.75 after discount. My favorite dry shampoo ever! Removes all oil without any residue and adds a little volume too.
- Oribe Apres Beach Wave and Shine Spray – $31.50 after discount. Another beachy, texture spray, but this one leaves more of a shiny finish when dusted onto dry hair. Still so expensive, but way better than $42.
- R + Co. High Dive Moisture and Shine Creme – $21.75 after discount. The perfect lightweight cream to add a dose of hydration to my ends or help tame flyaways.
- Sumbody Salt Scrub – $14.21 after discount. This Milky Rich scent is so decadent and feels luxurious. The scrub isn’t too abrasive, but if definitely gets the job done.
- Juara Candlenut Body Creme – $26.25 after discount. This rich body butter is perfect for after shaving or all-over moisturizing. It also smells delicious – clearly a theme with the scents today.
- Swell 17 oz. Bottle – $26.25 after discount. These are the best portable bottles I’ve ever tried. They keep drinks cold for 24 hours (really!) and look great while doing it. A desk and gym necessity for me.
Here’s my little wishlist too:
- W3ll People Natural Contour and Highlight Duo – $18.74 after discount. I already love the highlighter in this duo for a natural glow. I’d like to try a cream contour/bronzer (this looks a bit warmer) and this would be great for travel.
- Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Gold Eye Masks – $18.75 after discount. I’ve been eyeing this brand since they launched and am trying to step up my eye care game. Plus these just look fun.
- Georgette Klinger Coconut Facial Mist – $6.75 after discount. Such an affordable facial mist from a clean brand that’s on my wishlist. The coconut and green tea combo sounds lovely, plus there’s aloe and grape extract for even more hydration.
Have you tried any of these products already? What are you snagging from the sale?