Skin, body, and haircare reviews
I’ve been in Chicago for the holidays since last week and I’m not heading back to NYC until next week, so I packed a bunch of travel-sized products to last through my whole trip. Here are some of my favorites.
My hands are always dry during the winter, so this Tocca Hand Cream has been so useful. I love the Florence scent, which has notes of Gardenia, and that it sinks in quickly.
The Drunk Elephant Marula Oil is super hydrating, so a little bit goes a long way. I’ve been using this at night instead of a night cream and it’s helped with the flakes around my nose. This duo is a great way to try the oil and their amazing glycolic serum.
I also travel with the Pekee and Juju bars from Drunk Elephant- one for a gentle cleanse that removes makeup and the other for light exfoliation. I never thought I’d like bar soap, but these are so effective and convenient. They also last forever compared to a traditional liquid cleanser.
I received this Beauty Protector Protect and Volume Spray in a Birchbox and I’m really considering picking up the full size. It adds shine and volume to my thin hair and provides UV and heat protection. I love that it has a spray nozzle and smells lovely.
This tiny Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Cleanser only lasted four uses, but I really enjoyed it. It has a nice gel texture with a light scent. It removes makeup really quickly, so I used this at the end of the day.
I’ve tried a couple things from IGK and really like the brand so far. Their Coconut Oil Gel adds moisture to my wavy hair. The light hold helps tame frizz as well. I use about a dime sized amount from my ears to ends.
What are your must-haves when traveling?
It was so hard to narrow down items for this gift guide! There are so many amazing beauty products and brands out there (Glossier, Colourpop, Besame, Sunday Riley, Drunk Elephant, Ilia, RMS beauty, and on and on…), but I stuck to items from the more mainstream brands that can easily be found at Ulta or Nordstrom because we’re only 9 days away from Christmas now! These are gift-worthy items I personally use and love or would really like to receive.
- Tarte Blush Bazaar Palette ($44) – These blushes are really pigmented, blendable, and long-lasting. I think this palette makes a great gift, especially with the cute packaging and tons of colors.
Lorac Ocean Sunset Palette
($42) – I love the mix of shadows in this palette. It’s an unexpected gift that you can get a variety of looks out of and it comes with a mini primer. Lorac eyeshadows are soft, buttery, and pigmented as well.
L’occitane Almond Gift Set
($52) – This is a bit of a splurge for bodycare, but I think it’s worth it because the products are so luxurious and you get minis for travel. The Shower Oil helps soften skin while the Milk Concentrate is really moisturizing and they both smell amazing.
- Chantecaille Save the Rainforest Palette ($85) – I love the philanthropic aspect and the amazing gorilla print on these eyeshadows. The color combo is stunning as well. This is one I haven’t tried but would love to receive.
- Deborah Lippmann Color On Glass Set ($24) – The colors in this trio are so pretty and I think nail polish makes a nice gift for someone you may not know well enough to choose eyeshadows or lipsticks for.
- Bare Minerals Mini Lipsticks ($26) – The Gen Nude Radiant Lipsticks are one of my absolute favorite formulas. They feel smooth on the lips, are moisturizing, but pretty long wearing, and smell nice. This kit is great because it has a mix of the neutral and statement colors at an affordable price.
- Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics ($27) – This is one of my most used eyeshadow palettes and is a great deal at Ulta right now. The matte colors are beautiful for every day wear and you have some deeper shades for liner or going out. There’s also one shimmery shade that’s perfect for the lid. I highly recommend it!
- A custom gift set! This one features some great haircare items and this adorable Velvet Bow Hair Tie ($18). The Living Proof No Frizz Oil ($20) is amazing for hydration and taming dry hair. The mini size will last for several months as well. I also love this R + Co Shine Cream ($27) which I use on wet hair to define curls. The packaging definitely makes it gift worthy.
There are a dozen more items I wanted to add and now my personal wishlist has gotten longer! What’s on your beauty wishlist or gift guide?